Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 4th Festivities


This was a great weekend to be in DC. There is currently a Smithsonian sponsored Folklife festival taking place on the National Mall. The festival showcases certain countries or regions of the world every year, and this year the main country is Wales. For a small country, it sure is rich in culture. Unfortunately, I spent $9 for a rather small Welsh salad with a little smoked ham and cheese...I miss Columbus prices.
Yesterday, my fiance and I packed a meal and a blanket and went down to the Mall around 6:00 PM to stake out a spot. We enjoyed lots of people-watching with thousands of diverse people milling around, playing games, and talking. It was the fireworks at the end of the evening that was most memorable, however. I think it is something most Americans should try to experience.

Regards,
Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment