Thursday, April 15, 2010

Checking out the sights

This past weekend, I went down to the Japanese Cultural festival with a small group. As I walked through the crowd, examining overpriced trinkets that didn’t really interest me all the while hearing the music from the stage. I was kind of hungry so I walked over to the food area and the lines were a bit excessive and all for overpriced “authentic” food. I was beginning to think that the whole trip was a bust and I started walking. While Mike and I were sitting at a bench, I noticed that the building in front of me was one I remembered well from television from my childhood. The J. Edgar Hoover Building, F.B.I. headquarters, the building that was shown multiple times during the X Files. It truly brought out my inner dork from elementary school. As it brought back memories of Agents Mulder and Scully investigating the paranormal, I began texting a fellow fan of the show and making inside jokes. I then decided to look and see what other buildings were around in the area. I really enjoyed walking around and seeing the Department of Justice building, the IRS Federal building, the Navy memorial, and many others. I liked walking around and seeing all of the buildings and plan on making another trip down there to see the rest. Walking around with no rhyme or reason can lead to some interesting finds.

SRF

1 comment: