Saturday, September 25, 2010

My first week in DC!

I have traveled to Washington, D.C. once before. On that trip, I was the ultimate tourist doing such things as fumbling on the Metro and stopping in the middle of the sidewalk to stare at the grand buildings. On this trip to D.C., knowing that I will be living here for ten weeks, I have really been trying to fit in and be a local. My first week at my internship in Congressman Steve Driehaus’ office has gone well, and I have begun to unlock the maze of the city streets on my way to work each morning. Later, I did something as common as taking the Metro to Target without getting lost. This morning I visited Eastern Market and got to take my fresh produce back to my temporary home. It is almost like I live here – oh wait, I do!

T.Brenner

No comments:

Post a Comment