Sunday, January 23, 2011

Restaurant Week, Georgetown, Gallavanting

This weekend, my fellow partners in crime did a little D.C. exploring--namely, to Georgetown, and the Spanish restaurant, Jaleo. Both excursions allowed us to understand a bit more about the diversity of D.C., in terms of food at least.

Miss Meghan Gannon introduced me to Georgetown on Saturday, and I am thankful that she did. It is such a cute little town! And it has a J.Crew store! I own a hat from there, and it is my pride and joy. However, the highlight of our Friday afternoon was not J.Crew, but going to D.C. cupcakes. That place is so stinking cute. We each ordered a cupcake. Mine was delicious, but Meghan wouldn't let me have any of hers. ;) After going to D.C. cupcakes, I have made a promise with myself to try at least two more dessert stores. I am thinking a crepe place, and Hello, Cupcake. I am open to any suggestions.

At work last week, I asked a couple people at work who live in D.C. about their favorite places to eat. As luck would have it, my supervisor is a restaurant connoisseur. Score! She suggested Jaleo for some Spanish cuisine, and so Jaleo it was. "Jaleo" is a Spanish term that speaks to all WAIP fellows, anyway. It means "A celebratory racket." So fitting. Our party of eight enjoyed a four-course lunch meal for $20 on Saturday, courtesy of Restaurant Week. I think everyone who came with us can agree, that was $20 well spent.

Yet again, another fun weekend in D.C. Now, bed. G'night! -JDC


1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed Jaleo. Previous incarnations of Glenn Fellows (in addition to President Obama)have given high marks to Ben's Chili Bowl, 1213 U Street, N.W. Metro Yellow and Green Lines.

    ReplyDelete