Sunday, February 26, 2012

Indian Food

Though the time has quickly swept by like the grainy sands brushed along the Thar dunes, I pause to tell the tales of an exotic meal I enjoyed last weekend afternoon.

Before last Saturday, I had never eaten Indian food.  Such a treat it was to sample the varied dishes of this ancient yet burgeoning world.  Luckily for my burgeoning waist, Capitol Hill Tandoor Grill had an afternoon buffet that did not disappoint.  Chicken, spinach, potatoes, chick peas, and egg plant all spicy, all tasty, all delicious.

We finished the meal with a cool rice pudding; it helped soothe our palettes after a spicy meal.  The food was delicious and I think Indian food will become a regular treat from now on.  My only regret from the afternoon was not asking the price of the buffet until after I had finished the feast.  Frugality be damned I say, for money will last but one lifetime, but the experience of flavor that I reveled so completely in, shall follow me all the days of my lives.


- Kris

1 comment:

  1. You are way ahead of me. I learned to love Indian food--in London--when I was in my early 50s.

    ReplyDelete