Monday, March 25, 2013

American History Museum

Last weekend, I had the opportunity to visit the National Museum of American History with my parents! We only spent a couple of hours there, but we could have spent the entire day. There are a variety of exhibits and a variety of momentous things relevant to American History. The museum is home to the original Star-Spangled Banner- the flag that inspired our National Anthem. They have exciting items such as the Ruby Red Slippers worn by Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz, Kermit the Frog, and much more. We took some time to look at the "America on the Move" exhibit. It takes you through the changing times of transportation in the US. It was very interesting to see the different forms of transportation that have been used over the years on display. Our favorite exhibits were "The American Presidency: A Glorious Burden" and " The First Ladies". They had artifacts on display, films to watch, and many different things to read about. My mom and I particularly enjoyed looking at the display with the first ladies inaugural dresses. It was really neat! They were both intriguing exhibits! I wish we would have had more time. I would love to visit again before the semester is over. There is just so much to see! It is by far my favorite museum in DC!
-Alissa

No comments:

Post a Comment