Saturday, May 18, 2013

Spending the Day as a Kid!

Last weekend, a few of the Glenn Fellows headed to the Smithsonian's National Zoo to spend a day engulfed in sunshine and exploration!  Visiting the zoo was an awesome experience, and free at that!  It is remarkable to enjoy so many attractions in Washington, DC that are free.

Spending the day with animals (and I am not referring to the other fellows!) brought me back to childhood and allowed me to unwind from the first week of our internship program.  We saw all sorts of animals, and my favorite was the orangutans.  The National Zoo has the great ape exhibit in two separate parts, and in between both are overhead climbing wires.  Throughout the day, the orangutans actually leave one exhibit and climb above the public without any protection beneath them! It came as a great surprise that they just freely swing above the public in the air, but it helped rank the National Zoo as one of the best I have seen.

Orangutan flying through the air!

Panda eating bamboo!



Overall, Lenáe, Jake, Eric and I had a great day at the zoo last weekend!

Aaron Clapper

No comments:

Post a Comment