Monday, December 2, 2013

A Lucky Spin of the Wheel

Early in the semester, I had the opportunity to go to a Washington Redskins game. Although I'm a Browns fan, I will never pass up the opportunity to go to a NFL game, especially when it's handed to me, like it was this time. One day on my lunch break at work, I happened to have stumbled pass a food truck with 2 Redskins cheerleaders standing outside. They asked me if I wanted to win tickets to a Redskins game, and of course I answered with a resounding "yes!" I knew there was a catch, however. In order to have a chance to spin the wheel to win 2 Redskins tickets, I would have to purchase $20 worth of lottery tickets. Being easily persuaded, and having not really considered my realistic shot of winning, I bought the tickets and spun the wheel. To my amazement, the wheel landed on one of the very few spots designating 2 tickets to the Redskins game that weekend! I was so shocked that I won that my hand was trembling when I had to fill out the necessary paperwork. Since I'm not a Redskins fan, I thought I should at least take someone that was, so I ended up taking my colleague Dwight who has lived in the DC area his entire life. Although the Redskins lost and the tickets were nosebleeds (last row of the upper deck), we still had a great time and it was interesting to go to a stadium other than First Energy Stadium in Cleveland. Below is the view from our seats.

-Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment