Saturday, September 26, 2009

First Weekend

What a fun day! Today some of us from 225 went over to the book fair that was on the mall.  We've been so busy this week that I hadn't gotten a chance to see the west side of the Capitol before today. It was much different than I remember. It had much more meaning now than it did the last time I saw it. I kept thinking about inauguration day and the millions of people that crowded the mall in celebration of our new president.  
Though we wanted to see the Washington Monument and Lincoln Memorial today, the weather was not ideal so we instead went to the American History Museum. I was literally in awe from the time I got there until the time I left. I felt so overwhelmed with how many exhibits there were and how little time we had . The first floor was awesome. They had a hands-on section for children, Invention at Play, that I was only halfway through when one of my classmates told me that everyone was waiting for me.  Unfortunately, this continued to happen with the rest of the exhibits. I could have spent much more time exploring, but 5:30 came quickly.  I am definitely planning on going back, if for nothing else, to see The American Presidency in more depth. 
It's only been a week, but I know that this quarter will bring many more great days. I'm hoping that the weather tomorrow will be better so that I can see the other monuments.  - Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment