Sunday, September 27, 2009

Hey, I know that guy

Even going to work is an adventure in DC. Working for the US Business and Industry Council has been a blast so far, and on Friday, something happened that blew my mind.

I'd been working all week without having met my boss, Alan Tonelson, mostly taking assignments over the phone and working independantly. When I finally met him Friday morning, he was in the midst of a torrent of frenzied activity. We ran into something of a snafu, as he was due to appear on CNBC in an hour, and our office manager had swiped his keyboard for my use while he was out of time.

The crisis averted, he finished a press release to notify our members of his spot on TV, ran out of the office, and fifteen minutes later, I tuned in and saw him LIVE! It was amazing to see the speed of business on Capitol Hill - one minute I'm dealing with office hassles with Alan, and the next I'm watching him as a talking head discussing US economic policy. It was awesome to flip the channels and think, 'hey, I know that guy.'

-Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment