Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Visit to my Congressman's Office


Today I was able to pick up the flag that I bought from my Congressman's office. Last month I had a flag flown over the Capitol and was able to keep the flag once they took it down!! It's actually pretty cheap and really cool to keep as a souvenir from DC. As I walked through the halls I was amazed the by small spaces in between each of the offices as I passed the many flags outside of the doors. When I finally got to Tim Ryan's office, I was even more shocked about how small it was! There was a girl at the front desk, two smaller desks with guys working at them behind her and then two cubicals where people worked at computers behind that! Maybe it's because I'm one a the only non congressional interns this quarter but I was shocked at the size of the office. I did love all of the YSU, Jim Tressel, OSU, and Mahoning Valley items in his office. I got so excited to see items from my home town I almost for that he is from my home town too and that's why those things were there!! I realized this morning that I had planned a trip to my Congressmen's office and he wouldn't be there but I figured with my work schedule and his it would be hard for meet him anyway. It was nice to meet and talk with Charlie Wilson because his district is right next to mine. That is enough for me =)
Joanna

No comments:

Post a Comment