Monday, February 1, 2010

Keep on the sunny side of life.

Today was thrilling. I stayed home from work sick and felt brain dead all day so got very, very little accomplished. Then, my dad called and I was so dead that I forgot that he talks for hours and hours without any response from me. Well, besides his panic attack at the thought of me being sick (which almost always means I'm dying) and the stellar career advice he gave me (you know it's good when coming from a community college dropout), he also brought up Iran, since I told him I'd been researching it lately. Apparently, Ahmadinejad, their always hilarious president, made some comments about destroying Israel.. again.
The reason I'm bringing this up is because I think he's a fascinating person, in the same was as a car accident, you know? He has a website, http://www.president.ir/en/, where you can see the government's twist on the news. Why should you guys care about this, you ask? Well, I know we're all struggling through this book on corruption in Congress, and I wanted to make sure that things were kept in perspective. No government is perfect and the US is no exception. However, if you compare what we have to a country like Iran, I think you'll feel a lot better about things. Whether Congress is "broken" or not, whether you like Obama or not, our situation is approximately 503458 times better than Iran's.
Seriously, though, check out Ahmadinejad's website sometime. It's a hoot.

Peace and love,
Lilly

No comments:

Post a Comment