Sunday, October 3, 2010

I am beginning this blog post before Chandra and I head out to the Air and Space Museum. I have taken two quarters worth of introductory astronomy during my college career at Ohio State, and I greatly dislike all things about outer space. I am willing to give the museum a try, however, because I hear good things. I am curious to see when I get to the museum if anything I see or read pertains to what I have learned in class. My prediction is no. I will be back in a few hours to complete this post.

After visiting the Air and Space Museum, I was happy to find that a majority of the museum is focused more on air than space. Even the space parts weren’t all bad. My favorite part of the whole museum was probably the exhibit Beyond Earth, which had amazing photographs of earth, planets, and other planets’ moon in outer space. Additionally, seeing John Glenn’s name and items in the museum inspired a little pride in being an Ohioan and part of this program. It was funny to hear people around us comment on his accomplishments and wrongly characterize him as a current U.S. Senator. Overall, it was a good trip to the museum and I recommend others should check it out as well.

T.Brenner

No comments:

Post a Comment