Sunday, October 3, 2010

Washington D.C.

I used to live in Maryland and often came into D.C. with my mom and sister to explore what the city had to offer, but being only about nine at the time I didn't comprehend the amazing array of possibilities that this city has to offer. Being 22 and being here alone I have an entirely whole new appreciation for this city. Every night I walk around the capital and surrounding area reveling in the majesty and beauty of the city...if you have not traveled outside at night to look at the monuments, they are like nothing else. There is definitely something to say about the fantastic culmination of history and politics that is combined in every inch of this city and manifests itself in so many different forms, and me being the super dork I am cannot get enough of it :) Every weekend I've taken part in one of the numerous activities that is offered here and cannot wait to further explore. I love Eastern Market...and the reasonably inexpensive products compared to that of the grocery store. The Smithsonian museums speak for themselves and I cannot wait to go to each one. The amount of outdoor activity possible here is great as well...without it I would not be able to fit into my clothes. The one thing that I do not like though is how expensive fresh food is...and for someone who eats a lot it has taken some major adjustment, but I'm learning. I cannot wait to explore this city further!

C Caldwell

1 comment:

  1. I am also a "super dork" and enjoy soaking in all of the sights of the city!
    -L. Wilson

    ReplyDelete