Sunday, April 14, 2013

Yoga by the Washington Monument!


On Saturday morning, Samanta and Tim and I participated in a yoga class that took place on the National Mall right next to the Washington Monument. We heard about this event from the emails that WISH Housing sends us, and decided that it sounded like a fun way to start our Saturday. I got out my yoga mat that I brought here to DC that I hadn’t had opportunity to use yet, and the three of us headed out bright and early to metro over to the class. When we got there, we followed the crowds and set up in an open spot. It took awhile for the class to start, but there was music playing and everyone was having fun. The class itself was very refreshing, although it was very challenging as well. I definitely got my workout in! There was also a parade going on nearby, so it was the first time that I did yoga with the sounds of a marching band in the background! After the class, we got lunch and then worked on our policy papers with a better outlook thanks to the yoga! I had recently been missing the yoga classes I take at the RPAC while on campus, but yoga outside on a Saturday morning in DC was even better!

-Erika



No comments:

Post a Comment