Sunday, May 18, 2014

Lady Gaga at the Verizon Center

Monday May 12th I went to the Lady Gaga concert at the Verizon Center. For those who don’t know, the Verizon Center is a 20,000 seat arena home to NBA’s Washington Wizards, NHL’s Washington Capitals, the WNBA’s Washington Mystics, and the NCAA’s Georgetown Hoyas’s men’s basketball team. Along with athletics the venue hosts concerts, family shows, and special events making an average of 220 events.

Verizon Center is in China Town, which is a really busy area of DC with a lot of restaurants, bars, and stores. I think it’s the perfect location for this type of venue. It was really fun to experience China Town on the night of such a large concert. There were tons of people all over the place, and since it was Lady Gaga lots of them were in crazy outfits (including my friends and I). The evening was really nice outside and there were people everywhere going from restaurant to bar. It was so fun a fun spectacle to see, a busy and fun China Town night.

My friends and I had really good floor tickets so were very close the stage. We all had so much fun singing and dancing along with Lady Gaga. She is a really amazing performer live. It was the best concert I’ve ever been to, I had a blast! It was also really great to be with all the other costumed fans on the floor, we met a lot of nice and fun people.

Overall it was great to experience Lady Gaga at DC’s largest concert venue. China Town is a really fun area, and we went out to a few bars after. The energy and town were great and I’m really happy I was able to go. Maybe I’ll see another concert at the Verizon Center sometime this summer! A night I will always remember.

Andrew Zuk




No comments:

Post a Comment