Thursday, March 1, 2018

My time in Washington D.C.

These past few months has been incredibly rewarding for me. Since moving to Washington, D.C. as a John Glenn Fellow, I have had the opportunity to meet incredible people and explore several interesting places.

I recently attended the the Glenn Staff Alumni WAIP Mixer, where I met and heard from six of Senator John Glenn’s original staffers. The stories, advice and wisdom the staffers shared with the fellows were incredibly refreshing. I do not think I met a single person who has had anything to say about Sentator Glenn other than what an outstanding and genuine human being he was. It was so touching to hear of how Senator Glenn’s legacy has continued through others and is continuing through many of us today.

Two of my favorite study tours with WAIP took place at the National Museum of African American History and Culture and the Lockheed Martin: National Air and Space Center. Although I previously visited the African American History Museum, I found it just as enjoyable the second time I visited. There were images, media, music and various simulations that allowed space for interaction and engagement in appreciating African American history and culture. The Lockheed Martin Space Center was also very appealing to me. Alongside my professional field of interest, I have always been drawn to space exploration. Visiting the center reminded me of how far human intelligence has taken us in exploring the unknown.

Nearing Spring time in D.C.


View of the Washington Monument from inside the African American History & Culture Museum























  Lockheed Martin: Space Mueseum. GPS satellite model

No comments:

Post a Comment