Wednesday, July 27, 2016

A Haiku or Two for You

For my last blog post I decided to explore my artistic side a write a series of haikus about my time here in D.C. for the summer. I hope these poems entertain and inspire you, but also serve as an overview to the vast amount of experiences I had. Thank you to Ohio State, Katy Hogan, John Glenn, my parents, my internship, and my mentors for making this awesome opportunity happen!


So much time to go
yet I have so much to do
Eat! See! Explore!


When will the rain stop?
Rain rain go away I have a
lot to see today


My internship is
fun new challenging neat big
unique immersive


The White House? How did
I get inside? The Situation
Room? Oh not for me


Policy salons and
study tours are an inside
look into D.C.


My roommate saw Paul
Ryan in the street and look
there is Sanders himself!

Policy paper
coming along, more reading
and research to go


Meeting so many
people there is so much to
learn from everyone


Where did the time go?
Summer flew, so much to do
Two weeks left? Slow down!


Everything I
did I loved; from meeting you
to seeing the views


D.C. I’ll miss you.
Do not worry I’ll be back,
I’ll never forget

-Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment