Saturday, May 22, 2010

The White House

I was lucky enough to have the chance to visit the White House a few weeks ago. It was quite an experience. Though slightly on the shorter side (due to the fact that important people were visiting and certain areas were off limits), you still get the chance to walk around and see the beautiful rooms and excellent views. The history behind all of the different rooms that you go through and the memorabilia and artifacts that are placed in cases for people to view can be quite breathtaking. You can imagine not only the presidents that have been through these same rooms and walks, but also the hundreds of other famous people, foreign and domestic, and all of the things that came of those times. As one may guess, Secret Service was everywhere and there were multiple security checkpoints that you were required to go through to get in, and this is after the long wait to actually get confirmed to get a tour. I did enjoy my time speaking with the agents though. Towards the end of my tour, an agent noticed my shirt which was a Bruce Springsteen shirt that I had picked up when he was doing a promotional concert on OSU’s campus back in 2008 supporting Barack Obama for President, he told me that he had done security detail for multiple concerts like that one during the campaign. Another agent joined in and we talked about different concerts and they had answered all of my questions that I had about being an agent. It was a really great experience.

SRF

No comments:

Post a Comment