Monday, October 10, 2011

Maryland Autumn Adventure


Don't get me wrong, DC is a busy city with plenty attractions to fill the days...but a day trip outside the city was just what the doctor ordered. I took a fall inspired journey to Maryland with a friend from OSU this Sunday and had a spectacular time enjoying all the beautiful countryside just outside the city.

I honestly never thought in a million years I would actually say it was nice to see some corn fields! But it was. DC definitely has it's perks but I can see why there are so many DC commuters with such beautiful areas just outside the city.

With the help of a friend called Google we found a Transformers themed corn maze that also offered a pumpkin cannon with Transformer targets (pictured above). For the record, I was 2 for 2 with my pumpkin shots to the Transformer on the left! It was an exciting experience to say the least, complimented by the perfect fall day.

I have had my fair share of time around the country: I grew up in the midwest, spent a year in Southern Alabama, a summer in Colorado, and now a month (going on 2 more) in DC. Every area definitely has its pros and cons. One thing DC could learn from the nation it so proudly governs is that a little charm and an occasional smile never hurt anyone.

Cheer up DC! There's a world outside your office to be explored and enjoyed! :)
-G

No comments:

Post a Comment