Monday, December 5, 2011

Final Two Weeks in D.C.

As the WAIP chapter of my life comes to a close, I will be spending an extra two weeks in Washington to work. Zach and I are the last of the Mohicans. Our supervisors gave us the opportunity to stay over our obligation to work and contribute to our organizations. This will give me an extra two weeks to see more of the city because I will not have the class to worry about. I can simply focus on work throughout the day, then spend the rest of my time in the city. I will have more time to do the things I wanted to do during the quarter but didn't get the chance because of the seminar and policy paper. It will be a great opportunity. I am even thinking about taking a weekend trip up to New York or Philadelphia this weekend.

I would also like to take this time to give a shout out to Mike and Dr. Kolson. Thank you for all you have done for us throughout the quarter. It was a challenging, but fun and intellectually stimulating quarter. It was a great ten weeks and it went by fast. I am certainly intellectually richer from the experience. It is one that I will never forget. It was the highlight of my undergraduate education.

- JG

No comments:

Post a Comment