Thursday, December 1, 2011

Hot Coffee

Every once in a while something exciting happens at your internship office. I just happened to have one of those experiences just two days ago. As usual we had our MENA staff meeting on tuesday at 3pm. Generally these meetings consist of everyone in the department telling the department heads what we have accomplished for the week or are going to accomplish. Nothing out of the usual thus far. For this particular meeting only 1 of the 3 bosses was in attendence for the other two are in Egypt. As the meeting progressed and got close to the end one of the girls had a sheet of paper she needed to give to the boss so she slid it across the huge table on the conference room, it only got halfway there. The paper was now sitting directly in front of me and the other intern Patrick, as I thought about if I should reach out and slide it it was too late. Patrick had already gotten up and slid the paper towards our boss. Now this is the interesting part. Patrick slid the paper a little too hard right into the bosses coffee mug knocking it over and spilling coffee all over him. Everyone on the staff was laughing histarically, all the while I was just glad he had pushed the stack of papers before I could or it might have happened to me. Patrick has yet to recover, he has been having nightmares.


-BS

No comments:

Post a Comment