Sunday, January 8, 2012

Getting Started:

After only one short week in our amazing Capital, so much has already been done, and experienced, that it is somewhat hard to fathom all that will transpire in the next nine weeks.

One of the key aspects of this program so far has been the outstanding John Glenn Fellows that are here with me this quarter. Being here with such amazing peers, whom I could really not speak more highly of, has really helped make this experience what it is. Each of them being extremely sociable and great company, creating an instant friendship that extends far beyond the short week we have been here.

This all being said, after our first long week here in D.C. we found ourselves exploring the city at night. Being Mexican American, and having lived in Mexico for over half my life, I was quite delighted to have stumbled upon a great place to salsa dance and soon proceeded to teach my fellow peers to dance.

As fun as our outing was I think the aspect of D.C. that excites us most are our internships, at least this being my personal feeling. While I cannot talk about specifics of my internship, I have found it extremely invigorating to finally find myself here working at such a great location. It is really providing a lot of insight on possible career goals, not to mention invaluable work experience and great networking.

I look forward with great anticipation to what appears to be an outstanding quarter full of friendship, great experiences, and a lot of hard work and dedication to the program.

E. Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment