Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Finding Inspiration in D.C.


To echo the other Glenn Fellows, I feel so lucky to get to spend this time in Washington, D.C. with such amazing people. I feel as though I have known these people much longer than a week and look forward to getting to know them even better.

 Despite the fact that Adam has already talked about it, I wanted to mention on our trip to the Martin Luther King JR. Monument.  It was a personal inspiration as my goal is to fight injustices throughout the world. The quotes were moving and inspiring message to me as I muddle through my internship and begin to ponder how to achieve my potentially naïve goals of making a difference. As Adam said, I suggested that we take pictures in front of our favorite quotes, and can be seen below.







To me, the quotes inspire hope and reaffirm my beliefs that we need to help each other on our way.  It is a reminder that as a society we can never give up and be content when others are without their rights, and that no matter where they live, what they believe, or what they look like people are people just like you and me. They have their own goals, their own hopes, as well as their own challenges.  As the world gets smaller because our technology we will be unable to ignore the needs of those less fortunate. 


One must always remember that there is work to be done, but also that there is always hope as long as we make an effort.  Remember to look for beauty in the world and each other.


Cathy H

No comments:

Post a Comment