Sunday, September 9, 2012

All American Weekend


There is no doubt that living in Washington D.C. you have an overwhelming sense of patriotism with all of the American flags and national monuments. When I was sitting in the National’s Baseball Stadium Friday night watching the game while listening to country music and drinking a Miller Lite with the Washington monument in the background I couldn’t have felt more American. Growing up in Cincinnati I was always a fan of the Big Red Machine, and I’ve missed having a major league baseball team to go to while in Columbus. Sitting in a baseball stadium on a Friday night was the perfect way to spend a girl’s night out. Friday night’s feeling carried over to Saturday when we all went to Rhino Bar and Pumphouse in Georgetown for the OSU football game. Surrounded by what seemed like hundreds of OSU fans and watching football I couldn’t help but feel a sense of school pride oozing out of me. We ended up meeting people from all over the country who were buckeye fans. It’s nice to know that even when we’re over 400 miles away we can still be connected to the scarlet and grey. I knew that coming to Washington I would experience a surge of American pride, but I did not expect to be so connected with my buckeyes. It’s nice to know that there are places all over the city where I can feel connected to so many people no matter where they are from. 

No comments:

Post a Comment