Monday, September 10, 2012

Eastern Market

On Sunday, my roommates and I headed over to Eastern Market for brunch and grocery shopping. I was pleasantly surprised about the close proximity of the market to our apartment- buying groceries hasn't been the easiest thing to do in DC, so I hoped that the market would be a good alternative to Columbus's Kroglamourous Kroger. While I wouldn't rely on Eastern Market for everyday basic items, I was able to pick up a lot of produce and enjoy the feeling of Sunday morning grocery shopping with the locals.

One thing that I loved about the Eastern Market is the variety of goods available for purchase. I was way too tempted to purchase jewelry, artwork, scarves, and all sorts of handmade treats instead of my original grocery list. We did, however, get to splurge on a nice brunch from a cafe across the street. I would love to come back every weekend while it's still nice outside, even if only to pick up a few things and sample some produce from local vendors.

It was really refreshing to see how many people were out and enjoying the beautiful Sunday morning instead of the usual sleepy laziness of Sunday morning at Ohio State. While it is difficult to balance class, work, and LSAT studying with my new environment, I feel confident that getting into the groove of DC will definitely involve getting up early and taking advantage of all our neighborhood has to offer.

-Marissa Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment