Saturday, September 1, 2012

My Internship Experience at Delphos International

This Fall semester, I was lucky enough to get an internship at Delphos International. Delphos is a firm that delivers specialized financial services to support clients' international business goals by tapping into various resources. Because of their vast resources, the firm develops various projects that require large funds. The firm has worked with many projects in developing countries. Knowing the gravity of each projects and the firm's responsibilities, I was very nervous (and still am) to work for Delphos International.

My ultimate goal of the job is to assist all the staff with their work. So my job ranges from doing simple scanning tasks to researching economic backgrounds. I was surprised by how difficult the "simple" administrative tasks are. Even answering a phone call, I had to follow certain etiquette and practice certain techniques  And whenever the CEO of the company would call, my mind would go completely blank out of fear. Researches, on the other hand, require me to go through very dense and boring reports. Sometimes if there is no report on certain topics, I have to do hours and hours of google search. This week, I have done many data organizing. I had to go through hundreds of legal documents to see if we are missing some.

Even though every tasks are daunting, it helps tremendously that I have many friendly mentors in the office who are willing to help me anytime. My supervisor, Andre Brown, who is an OSU alum, knows what I am going through, so he patiently teaches me about each projects and even teach me about basics of Finances. Every staff considers me as not just an intern but as as a colleague, and it means a lot to me.

I am very excited to work at Delphos, and I plan to do my best. I am very grateful for the opportunity, and I certainly recommend the internship at Delphos to future WAIP students


No comments:

Post a Comment