Sunday, July 27, 2014

Marine Barracks 8th & I Parade

This past week AnnMarie and I went to see the Marine Barracks 8th & I Evening Parade in Eastern Market. The parade was over an hour long and  included "The President's Own" United States Marine Band, "The Commandant's Own" The United States Marine Drum and Bugle Corps, the Marine Corps Color Guard, the Marine Corps Silent Drill Platoon, Ceremonial Marchers, and Chesty XIII, the official mascot of Marine Barracks Washington (He is a English bulldog that is a Sargent in the Marines!) It was an awesome event to witness. The music and all of the Marines were so impressive. I was in awe of the Marine Corps Silent Drill Platoon. These Marines are prided for being able to execute incredibly complex drills and formations without a single command. It is difficult to describe why it was so amazing. Everyone will just have to go sometime in their lifetime.


Earlier that day we had all gone up the Washington Monument. AnnMarie and I agreed that it was the perfect way to wrap up our time in this city after such a wonderful. I would now add that the Marine's parade falls in the same category. I would highly recommend it to everyone. It is really easy to get tickets and they are free. Turns out you can get them from you Congressman most of the time. It is a unique experience and definitely something you will not be able to see in Ohio. 




-Emily Law


1 comment:

  1. As a Marine College professor, I found this post very useful for Marine students, keep posting info like this. Kindly let me know how to subscribe for this blog because i need regular marine updates like this from you. Keep touch with my websites bsc nautical science college in chennai | diploma marine nautical science

    ReplyDelete