Thursday, July 31, 2014

Paris Hilltern’s This or That


 Hi. It’s me again, your favorite yo-pro.  And since I’m continuing with this theme of public service this summer, I’ve decided to make sure you all have the best experience possible and don’t waste any of your precious time while you’re here in Washington, D.C.  Without further ado, I present Paris Hilltern’s This or That.  You’re welcome.

Lyft./Uber vs. Traditional Taxis

So obviously I’m not a huge fan of the Metro. Like ugh so much dirt, so many peasants.  No thank you.  But I’m also not going to be caught dead in a cab…that horrid yellow color really washes me out.  My solution is the new trend of personal taxi services, such as Lyft and Uber.  Both have an app to show you the drivers in your area, and once you hit “request” one is on its way to your location.  It’s way faster than a taxi because they come to you, instead of you flagging them down, which I obviously prefer because everyone knows my time is kind of in high demand.  The busier the city, the more drivers the companies have aka it’s totes perf for D.C.!  The rates are generally cheaper than that of a traditional taxi service, too.  Bonus, now you have more money to spend on cupcakes!

Baked and Wired vs. Georgetown Cupcake

Speaking of cupcakes.  Actually… who am I kidding?  Everyone is speaking of cupcakes nowadays; they’re so trendy.  Naturally one of my first stops in D.C. was to Georgetown Cupcake, because like, they’re on T.V. and since I’ll probably be on T.V. too eventually, I thought I’d better introduce myself so it’s not awk when I run into Kath and Sophie at the Emmy’s.  But I think all those television lights have been really drying out their cute little cakes.  I was for sure underwhelmed.  Not overwhelmed, or just whelmed (like you can be in Europe), but actually underwhelmed.  Just down the street, though, was another cupcakery, known as Baked and Wired.  I’m willing to overlook it’s “hipster” vibe because my (pardonnez mon français) Pretty Bitchin’ peanut butter cupcake was…pretty witchin’.  So while the pink flowers of Georgetown Cupcake may lure in the yopros, the seasoned Georgetownians know better.  So next time you need a cute cupcake to liven up your Instagram, head to Baked and Wired because you’ll actually want to eat it after you filter it. 
 
Ooops gotta go! My Lyft’s here! I’m so late for Jazz in the Garden! 
 
Tata my trendy yopros! 
 
Xoxo,
 
Paris Hilltern
 

(AnnMarie Graham)

No comments:

Post a Comment