Wednesday, December 3, 2014

A few weeks ago, my aunt came into town with an organization from Columbus, Ohio, called "Harmony Project." They came from Columbus to sing a song, and to plant a seed. Their mission states that they are "a non-profit organization created to connect communities across social divides through art, education, and volunteerism. They provide opportunities for individuals of different cultures, religions, ages, affiliations, and orientations to work together. The result: a stronger, more inclusive community."

 Coming to Washington, Harmony Project will hopefully encourage people to serve the D.C. community and be part of a fun choir at the same time. I had not been a part of Harmony Project in Columbus, but after all of my aunts friends in the organization took me out to dinner as a "thank you" for showing them around after their song, I saw the camaraderie that exists in a group like that, and I am considering joining up in Columbus, or when I move back here to D.C.

This link is a video from their event at Union Station: https://harmonyproject.com/dc.





No comments:

Post a Comment