Friday, December 4, 2015

Sentimental Thoughts

It's funny to think back on the moment I decided to apply for WAIP. Sitting in my room in Columbus, I spontaneously decided I needed to branch out and do something bigger. What I did not know was how "big" and how impactful this semester would be. Prior to WAIP, I had lived in Ohio my entire life and college career, and I never really put myself out there. For me, I was terrified of a big city/the metro/not knowing anyone and I won't lie my first week or two I did not know if I made the right decision. Fast forward 3 months later and I feel more confident, independent and comfortable in my own shoes than ever, and I am so happy I made that decision in April to apply. While I could talk for hours on the fantastic memories and friends I've made, I think the greatest gift from WAIP would be a better understanding of myself and my goals. I'll return to Columbus for my final semester with more confidence and drive to succeed in my career. And will probably annoy my friends with the endless brag on how amazing DC and WAIP truly is. To any Ohio State student considering this program: you might be torn on missing football season, having too much FOMO, or maybe even scared of leaving your comfort zone... but I can tell you that WAIP trumps it all and remember: in the end, we only regret the chances we didn't take.




-Virginia Turner 

No comments:

Post a Comment