Friday, April 22, 2016

Go for it



WAIP ends in 15 hours. The saying “the days are long, but the years (4 months) are short” is SO true. While I’m sad that I will no longer be able to call myself a WAIPer, be able to ask the all-knowing Katy Hogan for endless amounts of advice, or have an never ending supply of We the Pizza, I am so excited to begin my post-WAIP life. I have learned more during my one semester in WAIP than I have during my other two and half years at OSU. I’ve learned how to network (I even kind of enjoy it now, only when I’m not hungry), I’ve become much more confident in myself,  I’ve learned how to go after what I want, and, most importantly, I’ve learned that everything will work out in the end (more than likely at an EXTREMELY slow pace). 
I’m not sure what my plans are after I graduate in December, I don’t know where I’m going to intern this summer, and I have no idea if I’ll be staying in DC past May. All of these uncertainties are daunting, but, at the same time they’re extremely exciting. After the infinite amount of times that I’ve been thrown out of my comfort zone during the program, I don’t even know what my comfort zone is any more. I’m extremely thankful for this. Because of WAIP I’ve gone after opportunities that I could have only dreamed of, but now, they’re a reality. 
-Sarah Blakeman

No comments:

Post a Comment