Thursday, April 21, 2016

Take Advantage of Being an Intern


It is strange typing this post, because it seems like it was just yesterday that I wandered into Senator Brown’s office to start my internship (which just happened to be the day of the State of the Union another thing I did not appreciate) As I approached my last week of the internship, it hit me that this could be the last time in my life I would have a badge that gains me accesses to every inch of the Capitol. Outside of giving the standard tours, I never took time to explore the Capitol grounds, so I made it my mission to discover unknown parts of the Capitol. Despite consciously making an effort to do so and urgings from staff to just go out and walk around, I did not take advantage of my last week on Capitol Hill. So my advice would be take time to go and just walk around, soak in being able to casually walk around the Capitol. I know it sounds cheesy, but you’d much rather have that feeling of “wow I’m actually working in a perhaps the most recognized building in the world” while walking around the halls of Congress than while you are writing a blog post looking at your expired id in an empty Starbucks.   

No comments:

Post a Comment