Friday, June 12, 2015

Here’s a Little Briefing from Alex Temple

At one point I just ignore my awkwardness and decide to walk into a room with a lot of officials and take notes, this happens more than once a week somehow. The first briefing I went to I took 10 pages of notes detailing every word and making sure nothing was missed. Now, in my 5th week, I only listen for what really matters and type on my phone instead, not caring what others think. One week I attended a briefing on the future of nuclear energy and my eyes opened up to a whole new field. There were many experts in the field that talked about what was needed to be done and all the possibilities of the future. Possibilities were talked about, but there were many actions that would need to take place to make them a reality. The next day I went to an event on the history of the Manhattan Project. To my surprise, it was very interesting. I talked to a lot of retired scientist and learned about the many laboratories involved. I truly learned that to know the future, you must know the past. Seeing these events back to back was incredibly interesting. These hearing, events, and briefings make Washington D.C. the hub of knowledge and I feel so lucky to be a part of it for this brief summer.                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment