Friday, June 12, 2015

No Big Deal

We saw the President today. As usual, no big deal. It seems like that’s all I have been saying since I arrive in the nation’s capital. We have been in D.C. for 5 weeks now, and I am still not used to it. I think I can speak for everyone when I say we have fallen in love with the city. For me, the city is so rich with history and there is always something new. It will never get old walking past the Capitol Building and Supreme Court on my way home. From time to time you see really cool things, like the presidential motorcade.

I feel like everyone in D.C. is so full of life. People who work here move with a purpose. Tourists come at all times of the week and are giddy about all the monuments. How cool is it that we get to be like that every day? I mean to me the vibe in the city is so contagious. Plus I am also learning some major life skills. I am very proud of my metro navigation skills. I truly think they are the underappreciated things in life.

If I had to say one thing that wasn’t so attractive about D.C., besides the awfully hot weather, it would be that everyone here is so accomplished, and being around that can put a lot of pressure on the person. I love seeing all these people who have done some great things, young and old, but it is like a constant reminder of the need “to be great”. On the other hand, it is advantageous. The best part of the program is being able to network with incredible people.

All in all, my time here in D.C. has been nothing short of great, and we still have 7 more weeks left. That sounds like a lot of time but I am actually freaking out on the inside because it’s not nearly enough. The experience has been a lot to juggle but fake it till you make it because it’s actually no big deal.

 -Us chilling at the Pentagon, NBD
--Kierra Ross 

No comments:

Post a Comment