Monday, November 28, 2016

A Time To Be Thankful

Words cannot express how much I’ve enjoyed my semester in DC. Because of WAIP, I was given many great opportunities throughout my three months in DC. One of the greatest opportunities I got to do was getting to attend many hearings on Capitol Hill. Being able to see how our government works in first person is truly incredible and so intriguing. Every time I went to a hearing, I always learned something new and walked away feeling amazed. Another opportunity WAIP provided me was getting to make new connections. My network in DC has grown tremendously since I have arrived in late August. I’ve been given great advice by so many different people on how to go about getting jobs and just being overall successful in life. One of my goals before coming to DC was to get as much advice as possible, so I can apply that advice and hopefully come back to DC very soon. In addition to the great connections I made, I also made many great friends. Lastly, the last opportunity WAIP provided me was the chance to let me find out if I’m ready for the next step. After my three months interning in DC, I can honestly say I am ready to graduate college and enter the work force. As my time in WAIP comes to a close, I am beyond happy that I chose to intern in Washington, DC. This allowed me to do things I would've never dreamed of doing. Most importantly, interning in DC has helped me grow as a man. All of this wouldn’t be possible without WAIP. So with that said, I just want to say from the bottom of my heart, I am truly thankful for having the opportunity to be part of WAIP and intern in Washington, DC. 
   
~ Zack Schultz


No comments:

Post a Comment