Friday, October 30, 2009

Gotta Enjoy the Little Things. Right?

The screen saver at my work desk isn’t functioning properly.

Normally, there’s a multicolored 3-D flower-diamond shape that morphs into new shapes while moving across my computer screen. You know the one: It starts out looking like a four pronged ninja star of blue, yellow, and red before it changes into a christimas tree ornament made of bubble baloons. It almost looks like it's having the time of its life jumping and transforming across my monitor.

But no more.

I came back from lunch and saw the words, “COULD NOT FIND ANY COMPATIBLE DIRECT 3-D DEVICES” in a white textbox bouncing around my screen exactly where my rainbow ninja star used to be.

I was a little sad initially, but it has been nearly a week now and I can’t help but smile a little on the inside when I see the broken screen saver. It’s just funny to think that my computer has lost something and is struggling in vain to get it back. Not funny enough to make me stare at my screen saver all day or wait long enough for my screen saver to come on, but still, it's amusing.

~David

1 comment:

  1. This has happened to me. I share your pain. Maybe you could buy a lava lamp to keep you company.

    ReplyDelete