Monday, October 5, 2009

Runner's Mecca

Yesterday on one of my long runs I discovered an incredible biking/jogging path in Virginia along the Potomac River that I'd recommend to everyone! It's right along the riverfront, which is beautiful all by itself, but across the river is a breathtaking view of the D.C. shoreline with all the monuments. Airplanes fly low overhead and it's filled with friendly runners and bikers--one runner even caught up with me to give me my dropped SmarTrip card. Also, one of the best parts of the trail is the lack of traffic--you'll have to cross streets and bridges to get there, but the repose from obnoxiously timed crosswalks is worth the trip by itself.

I'm always looking for running partners, so if anyone is ever interested in a good multiple-mile day, let me know. Otherwise, we should take a weekend and rent bikes or just go walking there, it's definitely worth the time.

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment