Sunday, June 15, 2014

4 Ways Not to Get to Georgetown

1. Take the Metro.

While this may seem to make the most sense, Georgetown does not actually have a stop. Whether you believe the story that the geography prohibits a tunnel being built or the more likely reason that Georgetownians don't want the riff raff of the city (and yes that includes the pledges of the hill aka interns) invading their sacred land of cupcakes, there is not a stop nearby. The closest stop is many blocks away so unless you fancy a fifteen minute walk after a decent metro ride, don't bother.

2. Walk.

This would be an even worse idea than the time I decided to walk home from my Pilates class in DuPont Circle. 

3. Use the bike share.

This one is debatable. On one hand you get a scenic tour of the Mall and the Potomac River. On the other hand your spend 45 minutes biking around cars and tourists only to wind up in the heart of all things classy and preppy looking like a creature. Also, after doing this myself I found out that the bike share puts a $101 freeze on your account in case you decide to steal the bike. My recommendation is to buy your own bike and go anywhere but Georgetown. 

4. Have Patrick Lipaj be your tour guide.

While I am mostly joking, anyone who went with us to Georgetown last weekend knows
what I am talking about. Anyone else just take my advice.

Emily Law


No comments:

Post a Comment