Sunday, June 15, 2014

Dollar Dogs with my Dawgs

Interning in Washington this summer has been one of the most exciting experiences I have had as a student at Ohio State. I have learned so much about DC and various areas of public policy, and have also been fortunate enough to make some great new friends along the way.

One of my favorite things that I have done so far is attend a Nationals Game with all of the Glenn Fellows. In May, we headed to Nationals Park, the stadium for the MLB team, to watch the Nationals play the Cincinnati Reds. I love watching the Clippers play in Columbus, so seeing the Reds play was a nice way to have a taste of Ohio here in DC. 

The atmosphere at the game was absolutely perfect. It was a Monday night and the stadium was brightly lit for everyone to relax after a long day of working. We were all very excited to be there not only to see some baseball, but to also enjoy "Dollar Dog Night," a special in which hot dogs were only a dollar for anyone who was at the game. No college student can resist a night of fun with food for only a dollar!

The Reds represented Ohio well and ended up beating the Nationals 4-3. Some of us were happy with this result, especially my roommate who is originally from Cincinnati, but I cannot say the same for some of the WAIP Fellows from Cleveland. 

After the game, we enjoyed a few more laughs on our way back to the Congressional. The whole way home we could see the Capitol building in the distance. 

That night made me realize how lucky I am to be interning here for the summer. I cannot wait to make more memories with my new friends and hopefully find a full time job here post graduation. 

Rebecca Sheldon

No comments:

Post a Comment