Friday, June 13, 2014

Chinatown DC

I have always had a passion for experiencing different cultures, cultural environments and ethnic backgrounds. One of the most unique and culturally exclusive places in DC is Chinatown near Gallery Place. During my walk through the area I was intrigued by the diversity of people and festive atmosphere. Stepping off the top of the escalator at the corner of H Street NW will put you right in the heart of this historic area and Friendship Archway. As you walk along the street you will see many American based food chain restaurants. Next to the English name of the restaurant is the name written in Chinese.



I consider it one of the best areas in DC to dine with numerous restaurants, cafes and outdoor food markets. Chinatown features restaurants from various foods of ethnicity including Indian, Thai, and Mongolian. I decided to stop and enjoy a meal at the popular Full Kee restaurant. When I got my orange chicken dish I began making comparisons to its proportion of chicken compared to what I am use to seeing in my home city of Columbus, Ohio. The proportion of food is much larger and I was excited that I was getting more for my money. 

-Marcella Hoard

No comments:

Post a Comment