Friday, October 7, 2016

A time for Reflection


As I sit here on this Friday evening, I am thinking to myself how lucky and grateful I am to be interning in DC. The opportunities and experiences I have had because of WAIP have been nothing short of amazing. We have gone on many neat study tours such as, the Pentagon, Mount Vernon, U.S. Capitol, and many more. I have to say though, the best study tour we went on thus far, was the White House study tour we went on today. Having the opportunity to go inside and the tour the White House is cool as it is. However, our tour of the White House today was much more than a normal tour. When we arrived at the White House, we walked to the South Lawn to take some pictures. While there, we heard someone say “we have a surprise for you guys”. They told us that President Obama will be boarding Marine One in about ten minutes. When we heard that, we were all very surprised and ecstatic that we were able to witness President Obama boarding Marine One. After we saw President Obama board Marine One, we proceeded into the White House to begin our tour. After we finished our official tour of the White House, we had the opportunity to go Bowling in the White House (Thanks Morgan)! When we walked into the bowling alley, we took pictures of it and then talked with some OSU alumni that work there. After we finished talking, they asked if we wanted to bowl. Without hesitation, we all said yes. It’s safe to say today was the best day of my internship experience thus far! If anyone is thinking of doing WAIP, you should totally do it. You will have so many great opportunities and do stuff that you would never dream of doing. I know for me personally, choosing to participate in this program has been one of the best decisions I’ve ever made in my life so far.


Zack Schultz


No comments:

Post a Comment