Thursday, October 13, 2016

What do you do when your dream comes true?



You find a new dream.



“Where’s Daina?” was the motto of my 8th grade field trip to Washington DC. I was mesmerized during my first trip to the city; there was so much to see and I was constantly left behind while taking pictures. I had been enthralled with US history for a while (due to some incredible history teachers) and I had longed to be at the epicenter of it all. During my first day I decided I wanted to make DC my future home. The next time I visited I was with my family and designated myself the acting tour guide, constantly trying to pull off being a ‘Washingtonian’.  Since then, whenever someone asked me what my favorite city was or where I wanted to live, I immediately answered “Washington DC”. Being able to live in DC for the past month and a half has been a dream come true. The transition into the city was smoother than I could have imagined (thanks to the WAIP program). Having achieved my dream of living and working in the city, I’ve decided to set my sights on a new dream: law school. I’ve wanted to pursue law for a while, and being in this city has affirmed my desire to return here for law school. Luther Vangross says it best.  



No comments:

Post a Comment