Friday, October 7, 2016

My favorite thing is...



Over the course of the past month and a half that I have been interning in DC, I have had the opportunity to experience so many things that I never would have thought of. We have done everything from seeing the declaration of independence to watching the president leave in Marine 1 from the south lawn. There have been so many great things about simply living in DC that have nothing to do with our internship experiences. Although I have loved every study tour we have gone on and all the sights we have seen, I think that my favorite part about living here is being able to walk around the capital whenever I want to. No matter what time it is, the Capital never looks any less impressive. I have also found that it is my favorite form of stress relief. Whenever I have a tough day or have a lot on my mind, I just take a walk down to the capital reflection pool and around the mall. In my opinion, just remembering the history and all the hard work that I have done to be able to get this opportunity makes all the other stresses melt away. There is also no better sight in DC than from the mall looking at the Capital and the reflecting pool below it.

No comments:

Post a Comment