Saturday, April 22, 2017

The end of WAIP, the begin of my own stay.

In my second and last blog post I wanted really just to thank the opportunity that WAIP has brought. Despite some earlier confusions and set back I had a great internship experience learning a lot about topics I never would of focused on and strengthening my back ground. I have plans on staying in Washington for longer and I’m grateful how WAIP as given me the time and the network to fit more conformably into this new city. Having grown up entirely in Ohio, the John Glenn fellowship has made the transitioning to this new city a softer landing. The program experience are something I will value for a time to come as each as a unique experience that the study programs brought and the general feeling of being a Washingtonian. This programs as helped shaped some of my life goals and determined the changes I would need to make to in my 5 year plan to achieve my goals. The best part of the stay was the rare chance our cohort had in visiting New York and attending the UN-USA members day in which was hosted in the General Assembly Room of the UN. WAIP has open doors as I pursue a potential political or civil service career. I will be interning at the Department of State this summer.

Aaron Wang

No comments:

Post a Comment