Friday, March 9, 2012

Last Day Musings


So today was my last day at my internship and what a wonderful day it was.  I was able to get lunch with some of my co-workers at a nice Mexican restaurant.  DC, knowing today was important to me, made it warm enough so we could sit outside and enjoy the pleasant views.  It was wonderful.  Later in the afternoon I got coffee with a fellow intern and we chatted about future plans and adult decisions (yikes), also outside.  I watched the Georgetown basketball game with another co-worker in the afternoon and all in all did very little work.  However, while I may not have been working, I was excited to get to know my co workers better after all, better late than never.  Later in the day I received a very sweet card signed by everyone in the office that contained many “Go Buckeye” statements (this may have been related to bribing them with candy buckeyes from home).  As I walked home, I realized how broadly I was smiling when thinking about my day.  It was truly a wonderful last day filled with my laughs, great food, and good conversation.  I also realized how lucky I was to have had this opportunity to meet such wonderful people and pick their brains about many important issues.  To all you future WAIP fellows out there, you will NOT regret an internship with Human Rights First.  I really can’t advocate for them enough, they are warm people doing inspiring work.



KM

No comments:

Post a Comment