Monday, June 25, 2012

After spending the entire morning curling my hair, ironing my new suit, and making my morning cup of coffee in preparation for my first day at my internship I slipped on my new black heels before I walked out the door. Little did I know that wearing my heels during my commute would be a horrendous and monumental mistake. During my commute, while on the metro, I glanced around the car. I noticed that all the other women standing or sitting near by were wearing more comfortable shoes than me . Most of them wore flats or sandals unlike myself, I was clearly the rookie. At first I didn't notice the pain, perhaps it was the excitement of being in a new city, traveling to work on a subway, or wearing a new suit. However, the euphoric moment of my new D.C. life was short lived. It was soon interrupted by the immediate formation of seven blisters on my feet. I had made this realization by lunchtime, and quickly understood my mistake. I  had learned my very first lesson in D.C.: wear comfortable shoes during my commute to work.
C.C. 

No comments:

Post a Comment