Monday, June 25, 2012


A Taste of D.C.




During our orientation meeting all the fellows were asked, “What is one thing you look forward to experiencing during your time in Washington D.C.?” My answer, plain and simply, was “The food.” Of course there were the responses in regards to the monuments, the museums, the architecture, and beyond, but for me all those experiences come with the territory of being in D.C. As I was humbled (almost to tears at the MLK monument), I cannot deny the fact that at the end of the day I’m looking for the next best meal!












So, I have had the opportunity to try delicious foods from all around the city and I have not been disappointed. From pizza to sushi, I have managed to indulge myself in the vast “melting pot” of the Districts cuisine. Honestly, back in Ohio I probably would have put on a good 10 to 15 pounds of weight in the past three weeks, however given the fact that I walk EVERYWHERE and it’s typically 95 degrees (give or take), I believe that I have actually lost weight so I have a “win-win” relationship with the food and the weather right now.

Aside from the 4 and 5 star rated restaurants I have dined at, I found that Five Guys Burgers and Fries serves breakfast (which I will miss upon my return to Columbus) and that certain McDonald’s in the District have a 15 minute limit, (which includes your dining time). I have found out that food trucks at lunch are pretty much the most delicious way to go for lunch and still stay slightly frugal. And my next few dining experiences will include a Thai, Ethiopian, and Vietnamese meal.  -DC-

No comments:

Post a Comment