Saturday, June 23, 2012

Chicken Meatballs?

Just a block away from the Chinatown Metro stop, I decided to grab a quick bite to eat before an event. Having heard of the restaurant multiple times before, I stopped at Meatballs.

The employees were extremely nice and more than willing to explain the concept of the food. I was given the option of beef, lamb or chicken meatballs, and then asked to pick a sauce and spices. I decided to step outside the box and try the chicken meatballs.

Although I was a bit skeptical initially, the meal was not bad. A decently sized bowl of pasta, three or four giant chicken meatballs, Alfredo sauce and hot peppers made for a hearty meal. The concept is fun and unique. The prices are pretty high (about $10), and I would not choose chicken again. Yet, I would still return.

This restaurant fits well with the DC dining stereotype- one of a kind. Chinatown has a lot of great food to sample, and choosing can be a bit overwhelming. If you are looking for something simple, fast and filling, then definitely visit.


-Aiesha White

No comments:

Post a Comment