Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Evan Pfeifer - Checklist Reflection

For my second blog post, I’m going to talk about two of my most recent completed checklist items!

The first of these items was meeting my DC mentor for dinner and drinks. Although we had met for coffee once before, this meeting seemed to be very relaxed and personal. We discussed our families and how my internship was going, as well my plans to return to Columbus for the summer. Although the semester has certainly flown by and I don’t think I was able to spend as much time as I had thought I would with my mentor, it was really nice to sit down briefly and just chat as two adults living in DC.

Related image

The second item was going to a DC athletic event. A few of us in the cohort went to a Washington Wizards game at Capital One Arena. Although I wouldn’t consider myself a huge pro basketball fan (my preference has always been college basketball), I always admire the enthusiasm and loyalty of local fans. Back home, we have a strong Cav’s following and being able to see a similar spirit for the Wizards here in DC gave me a homelike feeling. Additionally, I was able to see John Wall play which was a childhood dream come true. As a longtime Kentucky basketball fan, I remember when Wall was one of their top draft picks in 2010. He led the team out of nearly a decade’s worth of disappointing seasons and restored the optimism and pride of Kentucky fans like myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment